Our client is a German-based machinery manufacturer of customizable processing equipment for the pharmaceutical, food and chemical industries. Headquartered in Remscheid, Germany, the company has roughly 100 employees worldwide. The company's core business is the engineering, assembly and worldwide sales of machines and production plants for the compaction, dry & moist granulation and size reduction of solid materials. Our client also distributes spare parts worldwide and offers comprehensive complementary services, including the commissioning of new machines as well as maintenance, inspection and quality testing of the installed equipment base.
The company’s North American operations, located in Montgomeryville, PA, is looking for a Field Service Technician to serve a customer base in the United States and Canada. The Field Service Technician will be responsible for the installation, qualification and maintenance of our client’s machinery at the customer’s location. The Field Service Technician will also provide technical training on the equipment to relevant employees at customer sites. Estimated travel will be approximately 60-80%. The successful candidate will be expected to spend roughly 2-3 weeks in Germany at the onset of the role to integrate him/herself fully into their global team.
- Install machines throughout North America at the customer’s facility.
- Travel periodically to job sites for routine maintenance and service visits as requested by individual customers.
- Troubleshoot problems with machines and components as the need arises. Coordinate data flow with their engineers in Germany to help identify the main cause of each situation and quickly solve the problem.
- Provide support for in-house activities such as rebuilds, phone support, customer correspondence, and laboratory development.
- International travel periodically throughout the year to their headquarters in Germany for product training.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited university preferred (BSEE/BSME).
- Minimum of 3-5 years of field experience working in an engineering/maintenance capacity.
- Willingness to travel up to 80% domestically and across Canada and Puerto Rico.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical field covering cGMP, validation, metrology, and 21 CFR Part 11.
- Experience with the following automation platforms:
o Allen Bradley RSLogix500/5000
o Allen Bradley RSView / Factory Talk View
o Siemens Simatic Step 7
o Siemens Protool / WinCC Flexible
- Experience with communication protocols such as DeviceNET, Profibus, and Ethernet/IP is also important (as computer-assisted engineering design software and equipment may be utilized to perform assignments).
- Knowledge of NEC/ATEX hazardous locations is desirable.
- Excellent electrical/mechanical trouble shooting skills.
- Working knowledge of rotating machinery, pneumatics, hydraulics, and machine assembly.
- Basic knowledge of electrical drives, industrial controls, and instrumentation.
- Ability to interpret electrical schematics & mechanical drawings.
- Strong command of MS Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.